Where Imagination Comes Alive. . . Through a Dedicated Staff!
Full Time Floor Support
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-ROTATE AS NEEDED, PER MUSEUM’S NEEDS
This position requires sometime wearing any hats. Your primary job is to keep the museum and exhibits straightened throughout the day.
- Assist with facilitating assigned daily educational programs.
- Help facilitate spontaneous play and lobby activities/visitor interactions through open-ended questions, brief guided exhibit explorations, with a focus on STEM, Theater and Eye Clinic activities.
- Cleaning props and exhibit throughout the day.
- Assist in morning/nightly cleaning
- Provide positive customer service; enforcing Museum’s safety and security policies.
- Preparation and clean-up of affected Museum areas for educational programs.
- Open and close Imagination Studio during weekdays.
- Interact with families and role modeling open-ended questioning
Seattle Children’s Museum is an equal opportunity employer and am committed to workplace diversity
Typically Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, other occasional days as available
Education and Operations Directors
|Job Purpose:||Promote Seattle Children’s Museum’s mission in several capacities, across departments, throughout the week. Excellent communication skills with diverse audiences required. Prepare and implement exhibit-focused and special event themed activities, intended to enrich visitors’ play-based learning experience; provide role modeling to parents regarding developmental milestones, and the value of purposeful play. Support visitor experience by “re-setting” exhibit spaces to be “learning ready” throughout the day. Encourage open-ended art exploration and facilitate on-going theme-based individual or collaborative art projects within the Imagination Studio.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|1.||20%||IMAGINATION STUDIO FACILITATION (Approx. 1 day/week):||3.||45%||EDUCATION PROGRAMMING:|
|2.||30%||MAINTAIN OVERALL CLEANLINESS OF MUSEUM:||4.||5%||PARTICIPATE IN INTERDEPARTMENTAL COLLABORATION AND TRAINING BY:|
Education: Some experience working with young children required. Coursework in Child Development, Early Learning, preferred, Art, and/or Theatre desired.
Experience: Experience working with children & families in a customer service-oriented environment. SCM promotes and actively works to create an inclusive environment. Experience engaging within diverse communities and non-dominant cultures needed to succeed. Current food handlers and CPR a plus. Familiarity with a fast-paced work environment preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Basic computer skills, ability to lift 50 lbs, good communication skills and willingness to work as a team are necessary. Flexibility and initiative, ability to discern priorities within a busy environment and make decisions is key to success.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org