Thank you for booking your event at Seattle Children’s Museum. We will assist in every way possible to make your visit a fun, entertaining and educational time!
Note – All Museum rules apply to the party, but the following are a few After Hours Party policies to be aware of as well:
IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR PARTY:
- SCM has a strict ‘no refund’ policy, but parties can be rescheduled depending on availability.
- Please remember there is an additional charge to have the Imagination Studio exhibit open during your party. 2 weeks advance notice is required. Please contact your Booking Coordinator for pricing.
- All hot beverages in paper cups are prohibited. Only hot beverages in spill-proof travel mugs are allowed in the Museum.
- All food must be preheated or cold. Heating units or stoves are not provided or allowed into the Museum.
- Limited storage space is available before your party start time. SCM is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Things to remember to bring:
- Knife for cutting the cake
- Your own added decorations (if desired)
- Plates, napkins, cups, forks, etc.
- 2-4 tablecloths for 6′ long by 2.5′ wide buffet tables (if desired)
- Rolling suitcases also work great for transporting items!
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PARTY:
- The Seattle Center Campus is closed to vehicles. We suggest unloading at the corner of 2nd and Thomas, near the Children’s Theater. This drop off is less than 300 feet from the West entrance to the Center House Armory and the Museum.
- Carts are available for your use to bring in or take out your supplies. They can be checked out at our Greeter’s Desk and must be checked in when finished. Also, rolling suitcases work great!
- SCM shares parking with all of Seattle Center, which can be busy, please be sure to give yourself plenty of time and prepare your guests!
- Guests must check-in at our Greeter’s Desk.
- We do not allow drop-off parties; all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- The party host(s) will be allowed to enter at the designated party set-up start time and must vacate the Museum by the end of the designated party pack-up time.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any time spent in the Museum exceeding your designated party pack-up time. You will be given a warning 15 minutes prior to the start of your designated clean-up time.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any additional cleaning costs (not the general clean up of the lobby or exhibits). A cleaning charge of $20.00 per hour will be required if the Museum is left in a condition requiring additional work. A carpet cleaning charge of $100.00 for the Annex Room and $200.00 for the Gallery will be required if the carpet is left in a condition requiring additional work.
- All guests will be allowed to enter at your designated party start time and must exit at the designated party end time.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any time spent in the Museum by your guests exceeding your designated party end time. You will be given a warning 15 minutes prior to your designated party end time.
- If more guests arrive than the number included in your package, you may be charged. Quest cards, P2P coupons, or any other coupons may not be used to pay for additional guests.
- For your safety, we have only one way in and one way out of the museum and will have it staffed during your event. The entrance may not be staffed during your party set-up or pack-up time. If a child is missing from your group, please alert our staff.
- Every staff member of Seattle Children’s Museum will be wearing an official ID name badge. If at any time a member of your party, adult or child, needs assistance, any staff member with a badge can help.