Thank you for booking your event at Seattle Children’s Museum. We will assist in every way possible to make your visit a fun, entertaining and educational time! Here, you can find some helpful information (and your rental agreement) to get you set. There will also be a member of the rentals team at the museum at all times during your party for any of those last minute questions and details. As always, if you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR PARTY:
- SCM has a strict ‘no refund’ policy, but parties can always be rescheduled depending on availability.
- All hot beverages in paper cups are prohibited. Only hot beverages in spill-proof travel mugs are allowed in the Museum.
- Latex balloons are not allowed (mylar foil balloons are perfectly fine).
- All food must be preheated or cold. Heating units or stoves are not provided or allowed into the Museum.
- Limited storage space is available before/after your party. SCM is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Things to remember to bring:
- Knife for cutting the cake
- Your own added decorations (if desired)
- Plates, napkins, cups, forks, etc.
- Rolling suitcases also work great for transporting items!
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PARTY:
- The Seattle Center Campus is closed to vehicles. We suggest unloading at the corner of 2nd and Thomas, near the Children’s Theater. This drop off is less than 300 feet from the West entrance to the Armory and the Museum.
- Carts are available for your use to bring in or take out your supplies. They can be checked out at our Party Desk and must be checked in when finished. Also, rolling suitcases work great!
- SCM shares parking with all of Seattle Center, which can be busy, please be sure to give yourself plenty of time and prepare your guests!
- Guests must check-in at our Party Desk located to the right inside the museum doors.
- You and your guests are welcome to spend all day in the museum–before and after your party during open hours.
- Your party time includes set-up/pack-up (we take care of clean up!). When possible, we try to get hosts in 10-15 minutes early, but we cannot guarantee.
- We do not allow drop-off parties; all children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- We reserve the right to charge you for any time spent in the party room exceeding your designated party pack-up time. You will be given a warning 15 minutes prior to the end of your time.
- If more guests arrive than the capacity limit in your room, you may be charged. Membership cards, Prime cards, Quest cards, P2P coupons, or any other coupons may not be used to pay for additional guests.
- Every staff member of Seattle Children’s Museum will be wearing an official ID name badge. If at any time a member of your party, adult or child, needs assistance, any staff member with a badge can help.